POLICIES AND FAQ
For all new appointments, we charge a deposit equal to 50% of the service to hold your appointment. This amount will be debited immediately upon payment. You must pay the remaining balance during your scheduled appointment.
There is no additional charge for complimentary touch up appointments.
Due to the time and supplies used during your appointment, NO REFUNDS will be issued for any reason. By booking a service, you signify that you understand and agree to this policy.
If you would like to reschedule your appointment, you may do so on this website or by giving us a call during our business hours up to 72 hours (3 days) before your scheduled appointment. This ensures enough time for us to notify other clients of an availability and fill that cancelation spot. If you need to cancel your appointment less than 72 hours prior to your appointment, your deposit will not be refunded.
You will receive a text and email approximately 7 days prior to your appointment and again 3 days prior to your appointment. Out of respect for the artist and their time, you must confirm your appointment a minimum of 72 hours in advance. Appointments that are not confirmed at least 72 hours before they are scheduled will be cancelled due to no confirmation and your deposit will not be refunded.
We ask that you please arrive to your appointment on time. If you are more than 20 minutes late, SouLuxe Brows reserves the right to cancel your appointment and your deposit will not be refunded. If you are more than 20 minutes late for a complimentary appointment, then your subsequent appointment will no longer be complimentary. $100 will then be charged for your touchup.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
A typical microblading appointment lasts 2 to 3 hours.
A standard appointment will have the following steps:
1. You will fill out a health history, sign client consent/liability release forms, and we will make a copy of your photo ID. We will go over what to expect and aftercare again and answer any questions you may have.
2. We will then discuss your lifestyle and taste. Do you want something bold or natural? Do you wear makeup everyday or just special occasions? What face shape do you have? What skin type? This interview will help determine the best brow type for you. We will also select a pigment color at this time if we haven't already done so during a consultation.
3. "Before" pictures will be taken.
4. Next we will draw the outline of the eyebrows directly on your face with a waterproof eyebrow pencil. This allows you to see the final look before any permanent work is performed. The outline will be the guide for the microblading procedure and you will need to approve the shape and thickness and sign an approval form with a photo of the outline.
5. Now the artist begins microblading, according to the drawing you’ve agreed upon. It may take multiple passes to implant enough pigment in the skin to achieve your desired results. Numbing cream will be reapplied throughout the treatment. Once the microblading is finished, the brows will be masked with pigment and we will wait for about 20 mins. The remaining ink will be wiped off with a skin care wipe and pigment seal will be applied.
6. THE BIG REVEAL! You may now see your amazing new eyebrows! Except for some redness and puffiness, you will be okay to go back out in public. However, large sunglasses and a hat are recommended to protect your fresh brows from the sun and elements.
7. "After" photos are taken and you will be given a little goodie bag filled with aftercare products and a copy of the aftercare instructions.
8. The remainder of your payment will be taken and you will be free to go show off your beautiful waterproof, smudge-proof brows and newly-found confidence!
9. Microblading typically requires a second touch up 6-8 weeks after the initial appointment, because everyone’s skin is different and receives the ink differently. It's impossible to accurately predict how a pigment will be affected by a client’s undertones and sometimes during the healing process, some ink may flake off and we will need to go over any spots with pigment loss again. This appointment can last as little as 30 minutes or as much as two hours, depending on the amount of work needed. In this appointment, the artist can “warm up” or “cool down” the colors, to get it to the desired color.
At first your brows may look too dark and too bold or you may notice the color has a reddish tone. THIS IS NORMAL! PLEASE TRUST THE HEALING PROCESS!! During healing your brows will fade and shrink a bit, and any changes desired can be applied at the touch up appointment.
PRE-CARE INSTRUCTIONS: BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
The following pre-care instructions will ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing microblading procedure. Please read carefully:
1. Please do not work out the day of the procedure as your body heat and sweating will expand your pores.
2. Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before your procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
3. Avoid plucking, waxing, threading or any hair removal services within 3 days of your procedure. This can also trigger the skin healing process and should be avoided.
4. Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
5. Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
6. Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
7. The following treatments should be avoided within four weeks of the procedure:
~ Botox or other fillers
~ Chemical Peels
~ Laser treatments
If you have any questions about these restrictions, please give us a call! We're happy to help.
*I reserve the right to refuse service*
*Prices are subject to change at any time*
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is a form of permanent makeup that creates natural, beautiful eyebrows with a handheld microblade. The "blade" is made from a thin line of very small needles that implant pigment (ink) into the skin. It’s perfect for people who have overplucked or those who want to define, darken, or reshape their eyebrows.
Technically, microblading is a form of eyebrow tattooing. But unlike traditional tattooing, which uses a machine, microblading produces very fine lines that resemble real hair. Each individual hairstroke is hand drawn by the artist and blended in with the client’s existing eyebrow hair. With a well-trained artist, the results can be gorgeous and very lifelike. Also unlike a traditional tattoo, Microblading does not go as deep into the dermal layers of the skin, therefore it causes less damage and scarring and will start to fade in 1-2 years. This is beneficial due to popular eyebrow styles changing drastically over the years.
There are many techniques and approaches to microblading. Regular Microblading uses a manual "blade" as mentioned and creates a fine hair stoke effect. Powder Brows uses a permanent makeup machine to create a powdery, filled-with-eyeshadow look. Ombre Brows is a form of Powder Brows in which the front of the brow is softer and fades out gradually.
If you have already had permanent makeup, or microblading, please send a message to the artist before booking to ensure you are a good candidate for a cover up or any further procedures.
DOES MICROBLADING HURT?
Many people ask if microblading is painful, but most clients report little or no pain. On a scale of 0-10, the majority report a level 3 at most and some even sleep through the appointment! We leave a topical anesthetic on the eyebrow area for 20 minutes before we begin the process, so this leaves most clients totally numb during the procedure.
Microblading is intended to be a painless experience, certainly less painful than traditional tattooing on account of the numbing cream. Your comfort is our top priority and we are committed to ensuring your experience is as relaxing as possible!
CHILDREN AND ADDITIONAL GUESTS
Please avoid bringing additional guests and children to your appointment to the best of your ability. Only the artist and client will be admitted in the treatment room during the procedure.
Children under 10 years old may stay in the lobby if supervised by an adult 18 or over. If you show up to your appointment with children under 10 and no adult supervisor, your appointment will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit in addition to the remainder of the service price being charged in order to reschedule.
Children over 10 years old may stay in the lobby alone if they are well behaved and you provide sufficient activities for them for the duration of your procedure.
As the client, your safety and comfort during the procedure are my top priority. Frequent interruptions will not be tolerated and if you choose to bring children or other guests and that cause a safety concerns or too many distractions, I reserve the right to stop the procedure and continue at a later date when you are able to come alone. This will require an additional appointment and security deposit.
Our policy at SouLuxe Brows is that we do not perform cosmetic tattoo procedures during pregnancy or while you are breastfeeding. In truth, there is very little scientific or medical research on tattoo ink and pregnancy, but it is not worth the risk to you or your baby should you get an infection following the procedure.
If any of the following apply to you, you are NOT a candidate for microblading and we are legally unable to treat you:
~ Those under 18 years of age.
~ People with diabetes.
~ Pregnant and lactating women.
~ People with glaucoma.
~ People who are taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin or Coumadin).
~ People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site that is to be treated.
~ People with allergies to makeup or colors.
~ Easily triggered hyperpigmentation/keloids.
~ Have Hemophilia or other blood clotting disorders.
~ Have healing disorders.
~ Have Uncontrolled high blood pressure or have had Mitral Valve Disorder.
~ Those on any skin medication such as Accutaine, Retin-A, or steroids which thin and oversensitize the skin.
~ AHA’s (lactic acid, glycolic acid, citric acid, retinoid and tartaric acids) or any over-the- counter creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, lightening, and fading can discolor your permanent makeup.
~ Flu or Cold: Please stay home, reschedule your appointment if you have a cold, the flu, or sinus/respiratory infection.
~ Active cancers/Undergoing chemotherapy. We are more than happy to serve you during remission or with a doctor's clearance letter.
~ Juvederm or other dermal fillers: Get permanent makeup first or ask your juvederm tech for clearance.
~ Shingles (varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
~ Eyelift or blepharoplasty: Wait about 3 months.
~ Active Pinkeye: Wait until the infection has cleared and medication is completed.
~ Cold Sores: Clients with a history of cold sores need to pre-medicate with an anti-viral drug (Zoviraz, Valtrex, or Acyclovir) prior to the procedure.
**Let us know if you have had any allergic reactions to topical anesthetics.**